Submitted by SGibbs on 4 February 2020 - 4:04pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 4 of 2020
1. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
4. Provides support with the implementation of the communication strategy for the Department through the use of social media.
5. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
6. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
7. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
8. Assist with the records management/filing of correspondences to keep ensure that they are up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
9. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
10. Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
11. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
12. Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
13. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
Skills and Compentencies
- Observes departmental standards for own conduct
- Manages own work effectively
- Manages customer relationships
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Contributes to the effective use of resources
- Manages relationships with others in the team, including your manager
Tuesday, 18 February 2020