1. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
4. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
5. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
6. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
7. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
8. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
9. Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
10. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
11. Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
12. Log and type incoming notices for publishing according to type and return any incomplete notices.
13. Prepare Gazette issues for distribution to subscribers, distribute receipts to clients and subscribers, and collect and process fees.
14. Ensure statutory instruments are logged and distributed to the required bodies as assigned.
15. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
Skills and Competencies
High School Diploma
Three (3) years working experience
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
Sound knowledge of general office procedures
Sound time management and organisational skills
Sound oral and written communication skills
Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player