Submitted by SGibbs on 28 September 2020 - 3:01pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 41 of 2020
1. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
4. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
5. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
6. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
7. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
8. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
9. Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
10. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
11. Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
12. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
Skills and Competencies
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) years’ work experience
• Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Sound interpersonal and client support skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good time management and organisational skills
• Ability to type 40 wpm at accurately
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
Friday, 16 October 2020