Submitted by SGibbs on 9 December 2019 - 3:26pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 13 of 2019
The successful applicant will assist with frontline and/or courier duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Ministry/Department and public at all times.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Assist visitors in a timely manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately according to the procedural guide to facilitate effective information flow.
- Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Maintain office equipment and assist senior officers by completing all photocopying, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
Provide messenger services for the Cabinet Office, to include:a. Ensuring the vehicle is cleaned and serviced according to job specifications.b. Transporting documents, goods and staff, and assisting with the collection of office supplies from vendors.
Perform assigned clerical and administrative duties, to include:a. Scanning and electronically compiling classified documents.b. Managing log books for incoming and outgoing documents.c. Managing the receipt and logging of Ministry files.d. Compiling reports on the file movement between the Cabinet Office and Ministries
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archive.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- Assist with generating purchase orders and vouchers as assigned.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
Monday, 23 December 2019