The successful applicant will oversee and coordinate the daily activities of the team of 911 Call Centre Operators to ensure the efficient and effective execution of emergency response and customer service support. Provide guidance and advise in relative to emergency responders.
1. Supervise the daily functioning of the 911 Call Handlers/Dispatchers team.
2. Assist with the preparation of the 911 ECC annual budget and expenditure plan.
3. Prepare administrative and statistical information on all activities relating to the 911 Emergency Call Centre.
4. Develop communications services and operational standards, policies and guidelines for the effective operation of the centre.
5. Assist the Call Handlers/Dispatchers with managing the flow of incoming calls and dispatching of emergency responders.
6. Conducts quality checks to ensure compliance with the agreed operational standards, policies and guidelines.
7. Conduct tests and inspections of equipment, services or processes periodically to evaluate the effectiveness of all communications systems.
8. Coordinates the maintenance of communications and other equipment, and ensures compliance with regulations. 9. Read and effectively interpret small-scale maps and information from a computer screen to determine locations and provide directions.
9. Prepare and submit the Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
10. Attend meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences and other official functions locally and overseas to represent the interest of the centre.
11. Train 911 Emergency Call Handlers on new computer or telephone equipment as well as new products and services offered by the company.
12. Perform any other duties as required by the Permanent Secretary or Deputy Secretary in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Centre and Ministry
Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management Service, Police or Fire Science, Criminal Justice, Communication, Public Administration, or Business Administration
Two (2) years’ related working experience
Associates degree in Emergency Management Service, Police or Fire Science, Criminal Justice, Communication, Public Administration, or Business Administration
Three (3) years’ related working experience
High School Diploma or equivalent3-5 years’ work experience as 911 Operator/dispatcher or in customer service
Experience with advanced computer and telephone equipment, certification in customer service, employee supervision
Special certification relevant to the industry a plus
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Expert knowledge of Health Disaster Risk Management related issues
Expert knowledge of the local health care industry and the various emergency response agencies
Excellent knowledge of the geography and locales of the Virgin Islands
Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to make administrative / procedural decisions and judgments
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Excellent organisational and coordination skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound leadership skills
Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiply priorities