Submitted by ACorbin on 6 April 2017 - 3:05pm
Internal Position No.:
21 of 2017
The successful applicant will supervise the administration and management of the school to ensure that educational standards are maintained and continually developed.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Bregado Flax Educational Centre and supervision of staff.
- Identify, supervise, evaluate and maintain best practices in the school management and administration (policies and procedures) and make recommendations for improvements.
- Supervise the review of the schemes of work prepared by the school’s heads of department and teachers to ensure that instruction and assessment techniques are reliable and that the established curricula are adhered to.
- Examines students’ academic records and recommends placement of students.
- Recommend necessary resources, procure and ensure the dissemination, as required.
- Collect, analyse and collate data as required for department reports and other agencies in order for data be used to monitor and improve learning and instructional effectiveness.
- Research, analyse and prepare various reports and provide advice to the appropriate/relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor/inspect the facilities and provide advice on the effective administration of the facilities ensuring that the required standards are maintained.
- Patrol the school grounds regularly to ensure that established guidelines and policies are followed.
- Organise and coordinate seminars, conferences, meetings and professional development events and activities; attend and ensure that minutes are recorded and reported.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
- Undertake the human resources functions of the school by overseeing the professional development of staff, settling disputes among staff, students and parents, developing professionalism and morale of staff, and ensuring the efficient onboarding of staff.
- Serve as liaison officer between the school and various stakeholders and agencies including the parents, Ministry and Department of Education.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
- Develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors, develop/enforce health and safety policies and mitigate and minimize hazards to promote health and safety of officers.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Master’s degree in Education Management or in a related field
- Certificate in Education
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a Teacher Grade IV
- Seven (7) to eight (8) years’ experience in senior management position
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
- Excellent knowledge of education management, curriculum development and budget management
- Sound knowledge of effective structure and functioning of Education systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Friday, 21 April 2017