1. Provide guidance to other departments in the development and preparation of project concepts and documents to ensure compliance with the required standards.
2. Review, advice and monitor the progress of projects during the implementation and report on variations to schedules, budget or quality standards to ensure successful project planning and progress.
3. Maintain project portfolios in the Project Management Information System to ensure that up to date information is available when required.
4. Manage projects as assigned including the issuance of payments certificates, development and implementation of risk management strategies, and quality assurance and control.
5. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, or related field
• Three (3) years working experience in a related area
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
• Sound knowledge of project management principles
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Sound analytical and decision-making skills
• Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure