Submitted by SGibbs on 19 October 2020 - 3:55pm
Internal Position No.:
18 of 2020
The successful applicant will oversee and administer direct and indirect nursing care to residents of Adina Donovan Home for the Elderly.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Report on daily patient activities per shift. Submit reports on accidents, incidents and such other occurrences to the Assistant Manager, for risk management purposes. Provide regular status reports to the patient’s physician.
3. Maintain accurate records and reporting systems for continuing care, legal purposes and ensures that all members of the care team are aware of resident-related matters.
4. Respond promptly to institutional or other emergency calls requiring extra duty, mobilization of emergency systems, evacuation of patients.
5. Control the residents’ environment to ensure safety, hygienic and aesthetic conditions and control of noise and traffic flows.
6. Request, store, monitor, control, administer and document pharmaceuticals. Control, secure and maintain legal records for Schedule I Dangerous Drug.
7. Complete rounds and administer IM and IV medication as ordered by physician.
8. Collect and analyse data to identify residents’ needs.
9. Monitor and document residents’ responses to treatment and medication.
10. Contact physician in cases of emergency and refers residents to the emergency room in the absence of the physician.
11. Collaborate with other members of the care team to achieve the highest quality of care.
12. Respond appropriately to residents’ call in a timely and professional manner.
13. Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor or other senior officers to ensure the efficient and effectiveness of the Rainbow Children’s Home.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Three (3) years’ work experience in the field
At least 5 (five) years in as senior Nurse in a hospital or similar setting
Certificate in gerontology
Registered in the Virgin Islands with a current license
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Excellent knowledge of basic nursing and ethical nursing practice
Sound oral and written communication skills
Sound time management and organisational skills
Ability to work well under pressure
Monday, 2 November 2020