Submitted by SGibbs on 25 November 2021 - 2:08pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 75 of 2021
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administration of daily secretarial operations.
2. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers ensuring a timely and adequate flow of information.
3. Provide frontline service to clients.
4. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
5. Coordinate and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required. Assist with the verbatim transcription of tapes, recordings and dictations when required.
6. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
7. Assist with research as required.
8. Serve as Secretary on assigned committees.
9. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or management in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• High School Diploma or equivalency
• Two (2) years’ experience in a related field
• Typing speed 45-60 wpm
• Good Knowledge of Government structure, policies, procedures and applicable laws
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Ability to type 45-60 wpm
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Wednesday, 8 December 2021