Submitted by SGibbs on 14 September 2023 - 9:28am
Internal Position No.:
PSC 95 of 2023
The successful applicant will assist with the Department’s administrative functions to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain, manage and oversee inventory, records and systems.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Department’s work.
- Provide administrative and specialised support to management and organise events.
- Research, analyse and prepare reports and advice.
- Prepare correspondences and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Serve as personal assistant to the Permanent Secretary.
- Manage the Permanent Secretary’s diary and make appointments to ensure their timetable is manageable and well organized.
- Assist with the administrative needs of the Governor’s Group by completing tasks such as drafting correspondences, speeches, Cabinet papers, reports and coordinate and attend meetings for the Permanent Secretary.
- Manage the workflow of projects and assignments to ensure timely completion and accurately reports on progress.
- Assist with the coordination of activities of visiting officials to ensure their visit is well organized and productive.
- Maintain communication with local, regional and international agencies in order to facilitate effective information flow.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
- Five (5) years related experience
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant accounting applications
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Thursday, 28 September 2023