1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Maintain, manage and oversee inventory, records and systems.
3. Assist in the planning and execution of the Department’s work.
4. Provide administrative and specialised support to management and organise events.
5. Research, analyse and prepare reports and advice.
6. Prepare correspondences, annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
7. Assist in the preparations for Sittings of the House of Assembly and Committee meetings including compilation of sitting packages and notices, and acting as secretary when required, to ensure the smooth running of sittings.
8. Assist in the provision of secretarial and protocol services for members to ensure all services are provided in a professional and timely manner.
9. Assist with preparation of Acts and Resolutions passed by the House of Assembly to ensure the timely completion of these.
10. Deputise in the absence of the Deputy Clerk.
11. Perform human resources functions including preparation of increments, leave records and other administrative matters.
12. Perform relevant accounting functions.
13. Assist with Protocol duties and act as Liaison Officer when necessary.
14. Serve as Secretary to all assigned Select Committees.
15. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
• Three (3) to five (5) years working experience
• Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of the Constitution of the Virgin Islands
• Sound knowledge of the Standing Orders of the House of Assembly, other related legislation and the Erskine May Parliamentary Procedure and Practice
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound knowledge of relevant accounting applications
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Sound supervisory skills