Submitted by SGibbs on 31 July 2020 - 3:17pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 26 of 2020
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Court Office and supervise the administrative function to support the activities of the Court to ensure that operations run smoothly, efficiently and in a well-organized manner.
2. Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual creativity, and teamwork by performing the following duties in a competent and efficient manner:
a) Oversee general human resources operations, as well as develop and coordinate training programs for staff development, new staff orientation and employee communication
b) Motivate and evaluate staff, prepare employee performance reports, review progress and direct changes as needed
c) Provide direction to staff by issuing written and oral instructions, conducting regular team meetings and general staff meetings, and ensure employees comply with governmental policies and procedures
3. Draft interdepartmental and external correspondence, assist with preparation of management reports and communicate official plans, policies and procedures to staff and the public to ensure a correct and timely flow of information.
4. Represent the office at various functions, events, meetings and conferences to ensure adequate presentation of the department.
5. Maintain positive customer relations and assist in resolving customer complaints and issues in order to provide a professional customer service at all times.
6. Ensure that all equipment is functional at the Judge’s Chambers, Courtrooms, Court Office, Court Reporting Unit and Judge’s House.
7. Assist with arrangements for travel, hotel accommodation and courtesy visits of Judges and other visitors to the Court on assignment by the Chief Justice, and ensure that appropriate transportation arrangements are made for an Orderly/Driver.
8. Provide efficient and essential support to the Registrar in establishing goals and objectives, decision-making, developing and monitoring the annual budget, and in the preparation of annual reports.
9. Oversee the Case Management process and preparations made for Criminal Assizes and Court of Appeal Sittings to ensure these are carried out accurately and efficiently.
10. In order to ensure the duties of the following roles are performed in a timely and professional manner, act as
a) Liaison and Protocol Officer for the Judges
b) Apostilles Signatory and Commissioner for Oaths
c) Deputy Mediation Coordinator.
11. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management
• Five (5) years related experience in supervisory and managerial functions in area or related area
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management and;
• Three (3) years related experience in supervisory and managerial functions in area or related area
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of Government budget and accounting principles
• Sound knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to grasp and assess complex issues and respond decisively and appropriately
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 14 August 2020