Submitted by SGibbs on 24 July 2020 - 1:58pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 17 of 2020
1. Assist with the administrative needs of the Governor’s Group, in support of the Permanent Secretary by completing tasks such as drafting correspondences, speeches, Cabinet papers, reports and coordinate meetings.
2. Manage the workflow of projects and assignments in keeping with the Governor's Group Strategy to ensure timely completion and accurately report on progress.
3. Assist with the coordination of activities of visiting officials to ensure their visit is well organized and productive.
4. Maintain communication with local, regional and international agencies in order to facilitate effective information flow.
5. Design projects based on elements of the Governor's Group Public Service Transformation plan.
6. Conduct legislation and policy reviews.
7. Utilize monitoring and evaluating tools to ensure the Governor's Group Strategy is reviewed and updated regularly.
8. Collect strategic baseline information relative to the alignment of budget and strategy in conjunction with the Finance and Planning Officer.
9. Provide training on monitoring budget outputs against strategic outputs.
10. Preparation of the annual report for the DGO.
11. Organize conference and training for the Office in conjunction with other programme managers.
12. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
• Five (5) years working experience
• Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound knowledge of relevant accounting applications
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Monday, 31 August 2020