Submitted by SGibbs on 26 April 2021 - 3:12pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 34 of 2021
1. Supervise and monitor the activities of an audit team to ensure professional, high quality and timely work.
2. Plan and perform relevant audits.
3. Prepare audit programmes and review audit work carried out by assistants to ensure that all objectives are examined in audit programmes and that adequate documentation is in place to support the audit opinion.
4. Plan and perform surprise inspections, as well as special and unplanned audit investigations which arise during the course of the year, to ensure an element of unpredictability is retained through the audit process.
5. Prepare memoranda, management letters and reports on the results of examinations along with recommendations for improvements to ensure all findings are appropriately documented.
6. Perform office and field audits of tax accounts of individuals and enterprises to ensure tax compliance and identify any outstanding amounts due to Government.
7. Provide information to taxpayers in order to foster voluntary compliance and improve understanding of tax law, regulations and procedures.
8. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Four (4) years working experience in a related area
• Valid BVI driver’s licence (if required)
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Sound management and supervisory skills
• Sound organisational and interpersonal skills
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound supervisory skills
Monday, 10 May 2021