Submitted by SGibbs on 9 December 2019 - 3:18pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 12 of 2019
The successful applicant will provide professional and executive support to management in an efficient and effective manner for office related matters.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
3. Schedule and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required.
4. Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
5. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
6. Assist/Provide research support as required.
7. Ensure the smooth operations of the Gazette Unit by executing the following responsibilities:
a. Review all incoming Gazette unit correspondence daily to ensure accuracy and adherence to standards including vetting incoming notices according to type and returning incomplete notices to sender.
b. Maintain log of incoming notices, statutory instruments, acts, bills, resolutions, imperial legislation and other official documents to be published in the Gazette.
c. Edit first draft of the Gazette publication for grammatical, typographical and other errors for submission to the Communications Officer for final approval.
d. Manage the process and printing of the weekly Gazette publication, including the preparation of extraordinary issues of the Gazette.
e. Prepare Acts, Statutory Instruments, and Imperial Legislation for purchase.
f. Manage the database for subscription to Gazette, including management of electronic subscribers’ accounts, issue renewal letters to subscribers, and keep a record of subscription payments.
g. Liaise with other government departments and other clients about the publication of notices and statutory instruments.
h. Assist with managing the Official Gazette website,
i. Manage payments received on the Gazette website and assist the Accounts Officer with preparing the submission of revenue collection as required.
8. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in a related area
- Secretarial training (45-55 wpm typing speed)
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment.
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to type 45-55 wpm
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory skills
Monday, 23 December 2019