Submitted by SGibbs on 6 February 2020 - 9:22am
Internal Position No.:
JR 5 of 2020
1. Serves as Personal Assistant to the Director of Culture.
2. Assists with the coordination of the literary arts programme for primary/secondary schools and the greater community.
3. Assists with the administration of the developmental and marketing programmes for literary artists across the territory.
4. Assists with the management the book launch programme.
5. Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support and the supervision of assigned staff.
6. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
7. Schedule and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required.
8. Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
9. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
10. Assist/provide research support as required.
11. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 21 February 2020