The successful applicant will perform assigned installation, repair and routine maintenance duties on the Unit’s water and sewerage pumps and associated resources, to ensure continued water supply both locally and to the sister islands.
- Perform assigned installation, repair and routine maintenance duties on the Unit’s water and sewerage pumps and associated appurtenances to ensure these are well functioning at all times. This includes:
- Install, repair and maintain pump installations
- Procurement of parts from stores
- Maintain the standby generator and advise superiors if additional resources are needed to help ensure best possible maintenance
- Maintain an inventory of supplies in order to complete requisitions of tools and equipment needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in completing maintenance and repair tasks.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any Senior Officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Certification as a Pump Technician and Electrician
- Seven (7) years working experience in the installation, operation and maintenance of pumps or in a related field
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the installation, repair and routine maintenance of pumps
- Sound knowledge of the use of tools and equipment regularly used for the installation and maintenance of pumps
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound time management and organisational skills
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player