Submitted by SGibbs on 26 April 2021 - 3:07pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 33 of 2021
1. Assist with the performance of human resources functions for the Department.
2. Assist with the performance of accounting functions for the Department.
3. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
4. Maintain inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
5. Ensure that the department’s policies, procedures and regulations are being followed at all times.
6. Attend meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
7. Prepare and process the relevant forms and paperwork to complete related financial accounting processes.
8. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
9. Organise and coordinate travel, seminars, conferences, meetings and events; attend, record and report minutes as required.
10. Conduct research and prepare periodic reports to the department for management purposes.
11. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related area
• Four (4) years’ experience in a related area
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
• Sound analytical and decision-making skills
• Sound supervisory and management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Monday, 10 May 2021