The successful applicant will assist with the development and maintenance of various statistical databases according to defined procedures effectively and efficiently in order for the Department to meet its objectives.
1. Collect, classify, code, and manipulate raw data to obtain various economic, financial and social indicators in a timely and competent manner.
2. Maintain a series of linked spreadsheets and update economic, financial and social statistics databases in accordance with established procedures.
3. Assist in preparation of statistical reports, publications and requests for statistical data to support the work of the unit.
4. Assist in planning, testing and execution of surveys as required to support the work of the unit.
5. Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
6. Supervise assigned staff.
7. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Social Science
Five (5) years’ working experience in a related area
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Sound knowledge of computer programs used for analysing datasets i.e. Microsoft Access, Excel
Sound knowledge of Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS)
Sound quantitative analysis
Sound interpersonal skills
Sound oral and written communication skills
Sound analytical and decision making skills
Sound supervisory and management skills