Submitted by SGibbs on 27 March 2019 - 11:25am
Internal Position No.:
MCW 18 of 2019
The successful applicant will manage customers’ water meters efficiently.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Department through administration of daily operations, by obtaining timely and accurate readings on water meters, disconnect/reconnect water supply service, inspect premises, and make the necessary repairs / maintenance as required.
- Manage the reading of bulk meter at designated locations efficiently.
- Manage the maintenance of the meters and connections to include, change, inspect, record and report irregularities to the Supervisor such as defects, damage and unauthorised connections to ensure they are dealt with promptly.
- Assist and work alongside the Operations and Maintenance Division on the leak detection programme and assist with the installation of new service connections.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies in order to complete requisitions of tools and equipment needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in completing maintenance and repair tasks.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Two (2) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of local geography
- Sound knowledge of water meter devices and equipment (be able to notice defects)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player
Wednesday, 10 April 2019