The successful applicant will assist with the installation, operation and maintenance of the sewerage systems, equipment and plant to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Unit..
- Assist with the installation of sewerage systems and connections to ensure correct standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of supplies in order to complete requisitions of tools and equipment needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in completing tasks.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of sewerage treatment plants, sewerage and sewerage related systems, equipment and plant to ensure they are well maintained.
- Assist with water operations and maintenance activities.
- Construct manholes, reinstate roads and other concrete structures.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Two (2) year experience in plumbing and installation of pipelines (preferably in sewerage works operations)
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of the operation and maintenance of a sewerage system
- Good understanding of the equipment, tools and plant associated with the sewerage system
- Sound understanding of the nature, hazards and preventative measures associated with the sewerage system
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player