The successful applicant will manages the operation and maintenance of the Sewerage System and Sewerage Treatment plants to ensure the efficient and aesthetic environmentally safe collection and disposal of sewerage.
- Co-ordinate repairs and maintenance in accordance with approved practices in order to maintain an effective and efficient completion of tasks.
- Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing reports, preparing material and supply lists based on job requirements.
- Assist with the coordination of meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of policies and procedures.
- Keep an inventory of all tools, equipment and materials and ensure that these are correctly maintained in order to facilitate effective and efficient use of resources.
- Supervise the construction of extensions works and make new water connections in accordance with the approved plumbing practices to ensure an effective and efficient water network is available to the Territory.
- Collect requested field information and submit to the Senior Draughtsman for updating to ensure that up to date information is available when required.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Natural Science
- Seven (7) years’ experience in the related field
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of how to read plans and build infrastructure according to plans
- Ability to connect irrigation equipment and maintain them
- Ability to repair electrical installations
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare cost estimates
- Basic knowledge of project management