Information Officer II
Dept. of Information & Public Relations
Telephone: 468- 2740
Businesses reopening in the Virgin Islands must be approved by the Department of Trade, Investment Promotion and Consumer Affairs.
Director Mrs. Karia Christopher explained that the process for inspection is that businesses must be in compliance with Trade regulations prior to being approved. Once approved, businesses can register for inspection by the Environmental Health Division and Social Distancing Taskforce online at https://bit.ly/Bizinspection.
The lists of approved businesses will be published by category on the Government‘s website and Facebook page and the Department of Trade’s Facebook page. The lists will serve as an advisory guide to businesses owners of the process of reopening in the “New Regular”.
The Director of Trade is inviting businesses who are not listed to contact the department urgently via telephone at (284) 468- 4280 or (284) 468-4316 to become regularised.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
- Photo 1:1- Department of Trade, Investment Promotions and Consumer Affairs, Sebastian Building.
- Document 1:4- List of Trade approved Beauty Salons
- Document 2:4- List of Trade approved Nail Salons
- Document 3:4- List of Trade approved Barber Shops
- Document 4:4 List of Trade approved Spas