Ministry of Health & Social Development
Ministry of Education, Youth Affairs and Sports
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Release Date:
Friday, 4 September 2020 - 6:46pm

Masters of commercial fishing vessels who are licenced with the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and wish to apply for curfew passes, are asked to submit a request via email at chfahie@gov.vg with the following information.

  • Name of Vessel
  • Name of Master
  • Name of Crew
  • Location (Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada, Jost Van Dyke)

Only licenced crew members will be considered for a curfew pass.

For the unlicenced crew, email fisheries@gov.vg and ask for additional crew to be added to your licence. Please provide a coloured copy of their passport information page. Other required documentation may include: 

  • Belonger Card  
  • Work Permit Card (Fishing) 
  • Work Permit Exemption Card  

Please note that the requisite licence fee must be paid before licences and passes can be issued. 

Persons are reminded that it is illegal to fish without a valid fishing licence. Anyone caught doing so will be prosecuted. 


Nekita Turnbull

Ag. Deputy Chief Information Officer
Department of Information & Public Relations 
Telephone: 468-2730
Email:  Neturnbull@gov.vg