Public Health Communications Specialist
Ministry of Health/Social Development
The Department of Waste Management is inviting quotations for the removal of derelict vehicles from the derelict vehicle storage site on Virgin Gorda to the St. Thomas Bay Ferry Dock.
Director Mr. Marcus Solomon said the department seeks a company who can provide multiple heavy equipment services.
Contract requirements include the loading of the derelict vehicles, equipment and scrap metals [approximately 150 pieces] with loaders and excavators onto trucks. The material will then be transport onto a barge on St. Thomas Bay Ferry Dock.
“The contract also includes the offloading of the trucks and loading and packing of the barge at the ferry dock for transport off island,” Mr. Solomon stated.
Heavy equipment companies who are interested are asked to submit their bids in a sealed envelope with the name of the company and reference “removal of derelict vehicles Virgin Gorda” with the following documents enclosed.
- Quotation for work
- Certificate of good standing from Inland Revenue Department, Social Security Board and National Health Insurance
- Valid Trade License 2023
- A list of all the equipment (type) intended to be used to do the job
- Proof of ownership of equipment including pictures, insurance, registration etc.
- Listing of jobs of similar nature
- The names and contact information of three (3) referrals familiar with your work/service.
All bids will be evaluated based on price, equipment, experience and reliability. Please note that all documents must be included for consideration. The deadline for submission of quotation is August 21, 2023 at 12:00 noon.
All quotations must be hand delivered to the Department of Waste Management Office located on the second floor of the Property Union Building adjacent to Happy Lion Restaurant.
For additional queries, contact the Department of Waste Management at 284-468-4934.