Running a territory requires the dedication of career professionals from all fields. The Government of the Virgin Islands offers a myriad of career opportunities in fields you may not have thought of – finance, law, statistics, education, even radio and TV. Imagine working for one employer with the opportunity to grow in the diverse array of careers that we offer. Learn more by checking out a sample from our career streams and browsing through available jobs by searching a category.
If your belongers card is damaged, you may bring it to the Civil Registry & Passport Office immediately and apply for a new one. Your belongers card is a valuable document. Keep it safe at all times and be sure it does not get lost, stolen or damaged. It is designed to cope with normal wear and tear.
There are 21 salary grades in the Government's pay schedule; each grade has a series of steps. Upon first appointment, you will typically be placed in the first step of the grade for which you are selected, depending on your additional qualifications if in excess of the minimum qualifications advertised in the vacancy notice. Occasionally, exceptions can be made for applicants with hard to find or highly desirable skills. These exceptions are at the discretion of the Director of Human Resources and are not an employee entitlement.
An officer does not earn leave, when he or she is on study leave, additional sick leave, interdiction or leave without pay.
You can make changes at any time by completing and submitting the Bupa Addition, Cancellation or Change Form.
No, birth certificates will be required for all individuals connected as proof of claim to belonger status (i.e. applicant’s birth – born outside the V.I., applicant’s father’s birth – born outside the V.I. and applicant’s paternal grandparent birth – born in the Territory). Baptismal and/or marriage certificates as well as deed polls or affidavits are required to show transition to other names or clarify any inconsistencies.
: New job vacancies may be posted on any day, Monday through Friday, so it is a good idea to check regularly. Go to "How to Apply" for detailed instructions on how to search for the job you want and information on the hiring process. If you can't find what you are interested in, you can ask to be notified by e-mail when new jobs are posted that match the career stream you are interested in. See Job Alert.

A belongers application can be obtained from any of the three locations of the Civil Registry and Passport Office. They are located at the ground floor of the Central Administration Building, the 2nd Floor of the Burhym Building or the Vanterpool Building on Virgin Gorda. Forms can also be accessed online at

Apostille services can be obtained at the following locations:

  • Deputy Governor’s Office, Third Floor, West Wing, Central Administration Complex, Road Town, Tortola;
  • Civil Registry and Passport Office, Burhym Building, Road Town, Tortola;
  • High Court Registry, Old Administration Building, Road Town, Tortola; and
  • International Affairs Secretariat, Haycraft Building, BVI Finance Centre, Pasea Estate, Tortola.