The Accounts Unit is responsible for the efficient flow of funds within the Ministry and its departments. It’s activities includes:
1. Imprest Warrants & Pre-Paid Travel (Travel Advances)
- Processing documents for travel to be approved via Cabinet and for Government officers traveling overseas on official duty.
2. Compensation Claims
- Ensures that payments for compensation claims are processed in a timely manner.
3. Petty Contracts
- Ensure that contracts for works, consultancy and services are processed effectively and in accordance with Financial Regulations No. 188.
4. Purchase Orders / Payments
- To ensure purchase orders are processed and to prepare payments for vendors in a timely manner.
5. Vote Book Reconciliation
- To ensure that vote books are internally reconciled monthly and quarterly with the Treasury Department.
6. Taxi Exemption from Custom Duties Applications
- Processing documents for the exemption of Customs Duties for the importation of a taxi vehicle. Each taxi driver is allowed exemption of Customs duty on a taxi vehicle every five (5) years.