First Floor, Old Administration Building
Main Street, Road Town
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Food Handlers Certificate is a legal requirement to ensure that persons engaged in the food industry are medically fit and certified.
Step 1: New Food Handler applicants must contact the Division to register to attend the Food Handlers Educational Session.
Step 2: Applicants are advised to do their medical exam if they have not already done so. If applicant has already completed their medical exam, they are registered by the Division to attend the Food Handlers Educational Session. They must walk with all their supporting documents to the session.
Step 3: Applicants complete the Food Handlers Registration form and particpate in the Educational Session.
Step 4: After the session, the applicants are given a brief quiz to test their knowledge and the certificate is issued.
Applicants are required to bring the following to the Food Handlers Sessions:
- Valid Government issued Picture ID, Work Permit for Non-Residents
- One recent passport size photo
- Social Security Card
- Recent Mantoux Test (Six months)
- Stool Test results
Turn Around Time
- Food Handlers sessions for new food handler applicants are held on the last Thursday of every month at the Quatisky Building, downstairs in the Conservation and Fisheries conference room. Registration is held from 8:30 am to 9:00 am and the sessions are held from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
- The Food Handlers certificate is valid for twelve (12) months from the date of issue.
- Food Handlers are advised that they must keep their Food Handlers certificate on their person or at their place of employment while on duty.
Department Contact Information
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Valley, Virgin Gorda