The successful applicant will perform and to assist with daily accounting and administrative functions to ensure that departmental accounting and fiscal records are kept and maintained accurately, and that functions are performed in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Ensure diligent performance of accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are kept.
- Prepare purchase orders and vouchers within a specified timeframe to ensure that internal records for expenses are accurately kept and orders are made in a timely manner.
- Reconcile invoices and bills to purchase orders before payment so that accurate payments are made.
- Record all accounting transactions in the vote book.
- Assist in the drafting of the annual budget.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for the Accounting Officer.
- Prepare and process the relevant forms and paperwork to complete related financial accounting processes.
- Draft and type correspondence and reports.
- Research, analyse and prepare reports.
- Assist with maintaining inventory levels.
- Liaise with other relevant departments and vendors.
- Maintain records relevant to the specific department and keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- One (1)to Two (2) years working experience in a related area
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
- Good knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Good knowledge of computer programmes used for analysis and databases
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills