The successful applicant will perform cleaning duties in order to provide a clean, tidy and sanitized environment on a daily basis.
- Provide a clean and sanitized working environment both indoors and outdoors on a daily basis by:
a. Dusting & polishing all surfaces
b. Wiping, scrubbing and disinfecting fixtures
c. Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming all floors
d. Removing litter from floors/grounds and emptying trash bins
e. Cleaning windows, appliances and other equipment
f. Maintain gardens, walkways, parking lots and stairways by cleaning areas on a daily basis and maintaining plants and lawns in order to facilitate effective grounds management and appearance, as required.
g. Ensure that tools, materials and equipment are sufficiently cleaned and stored in order to maintain effective use of resources, as required.
- Perform assigned cleaning duties with due regard to Health and Safety procedures and policies, and with responsibility towards staff and the general public.
- Keep an inventory for cleaning supplies advising when re-ordering is necessary.
- Prepare a requisition of cleaning supplies to be ordered and report any faults or incidents to the Supervisor in a timely manner in order to maintain clean, safe and sanitized environment.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year’s work experience in cleaning/housekeeping
- Good knowledge of cleaning agents and equipment
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge and ability in housekeeping, and use of cleaning materials and equipment
- Basic use of standard office equipment
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic oral, reading and written communication skills