Submitted by SGibbs on 29 March 2023 - 11:42am
Internal Position No.:
PSC 22 of 2023
The successful applicant will assist with management of the Department’s daily operations and administrative functions to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Department through management of daily operations.
- Assist with processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Organise and coordinate seminars, conferences, meetings and events; attend, record and report as required.
- Ensure the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Prepare correspondences and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Maintain records relevant to the unit and also keep data up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Conduct pre-employment screening, interviewing and testing of job applicants to fill vacancies.
- Confer with the Labour Commissioner on employment matters, including placement problems, release of probationary employees and dismissals of employees placed by the Labour Department.
- Develop and communicate policies, procedures and other vital information to job seekers and employers by bulletins, meetings, media, e-mail and personal contact.
- Provides coaching and counselling services to applicants who have employment related difficulties.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management or related field
- Five (5) years related experience
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Wednesday, 12 April 2023