P.O. Box 4662
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Land Registry is the repository for all registered land transactions. All registered documents are public documents.
What records are available for searches?
- Land Registers
- Parcel Files
- Cadastral Maps
- Index Cards
Step 1: Complete Form RL 22 (Application to Inspect the Register).
- Knowledge of property information is recommended (i.e. Registration Section, Block and Parcel Numbers).
Step 2: Submit completed application forms to the Front Desk Officer along with payment.
Step 3: Front Desk Officer will provide the Land Register Book, Parcel File or Cadastral Map for use.
Step 4: After use customer returns Land Register Book, Parcel File or Cadastral Map in the condition received.
Turn Around Time
- Registry Officers cannot conduct a search for customers but are available to assist.
- Parcel files cannot be searched in the general area.
- Searching the same parcel file or register more than once in one day will require payment for each request.
- Searching of registers is limited to the parcel requested. Turning pages requires additional payment.
- Taking photos or digital scanning is prohibited.
- Writing or marking on registers is prohibited. Failure to adhere can result in a penalty.
What information is reflected on a Land Register?
Section A: Property Section
- Location: Registration Section, Block Number, Parcel Number(lease number, strata number)
- Size: Acreage or square feet.
- Description of Land: Crown or Private
- Nature of Title: Absolute/Provisional
- Appurtenances: Easements: Reflects what parcel(s) if any has a right of way over the property being searched
- Mutation: Whether the parcel has been mutated or not
Section B: Proprietorship Section
- Owner’s Address
- Owner History
Section C: Incumbrances Section
- Easements: what parcel(s) gives way or right of over the property being searched
- Restrictive Covenants
- Official Searches
Department Contact Information
Department of Land Registry
P.O. Box 4662
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cashier: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Telephone:1(284) 468 2017
Fax:1(284) 468 3324